Jaindl Farms History - Turkey Sales and Beyond
Jaindl Farms was established in the early 1930's by John L. Jaindl.
In 1965, Fred Jaindl, John's son, purchased the farm which at the time was raising and marketing 200,000 birds per year and farming 500 acres. After Fred purchased the farm, John continued as General Manager working every day until 1980 when David Jaindl, Fred's son, took over as General Manager of the farm. Today Jaindl Farms raises 750,000 turkeys
annually and produces 1,800 tons of feed each week for the turkeys.
Jaindl Farms is pleased to announce the newest addition to the family farm, a soybean extruder. This process converts whole soybeans into feed protein, fed exclusively to Jaindl Turkeys. The environmentally friendly bio-fuel produced is used in heating the farm buildings and will soon be a fuel source for Jaindl's farm equipment.